Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hot Chai Latte


My first Chai Latte, It was amazing. I will never forget.
I have never tried before , for me from BRZ .It is a big challenge, request my own coffee without language knowledge. My English is not perfect and my grammar for my point of view is terrible. So , I was in the line at Coffee shop and I saw many types of coffee and tea...hmmm..I will choose Chai Latte.. I guess the meaning hahahaha. In my confused mind ( Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese culture) .hmm... It`s Chai for tea ( Portuguese is Cha) and Latte ( Portuguese , milk is leite and Spanish is lecche). I concluded with my capacity to guess , Chai Latte it is Tea and Milk.
For my language mistake...heehee I love Chai Latte.
I went to Woolworths ( Supermarket) and I found many types of Chai latte. I bought , not 1 but 10 boxes of different blends of Chai tea.
The good one is "Twinings, A lightly spiced Black tea infused with ginger and cinnamon , flavoured with star anise and clove. Yummy...
I appreciate so much Chai Latte.
I love those Chai latte avaiable at coffee houses around town, but I hate paying 3,50 dollars for a drink. So I start my research of the recipe for a Chai tea. I didn`t try it , but it is a recipe to start tinkering with.
Homemade Chai Tea
Makes 4 cups

2 cups water
2 black tea bags
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup honey
2 cups milk, soymilk or milk substitute
In a medium saucepan, combine water, tea bags, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and honey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Remove tea bags. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, combine equal parts of tea mixture and milk. Heat on stovetop or in microwave.
GBU

1 comment:

Odette said...

Hola Maru... he encontrado por casualidad su blog y permitame decirle que he dedicado todo el tiempo para leer cada una de sus publicaciones desde principio a fin.... me he sentido realmente identificada con todo lo que escribe... debe ser porque ambas tenemos algo muy importante en comun..y es a Jesus... sera un placer seguir visitandola y disfrutar de como Dios sigue bendiciendo su vida...
Abrazos desde Chile.
Odette