Sunday, March 29, 2009

Culture

Hello everybody



This year is driving me crazy and sad. Last year it was so fast and I have a lot things to do . I still learning English but now at Bible College and I chose other way to improve my English and I still settling down. It is complicated when your background is from Brazil ( Latino) and your face looks like Asian and I have lived almost 5 years in Japan and now I live in Oz ( Australia) . Sometimes, I don't know how to act. Asian or Western way? Which identity I will settle?But I am happy being a citizen of heaven.



In Japan , they don`t kiss each other.. they don`t hug each other ..they don`t show emotions. They are always preocupied about outside and they always nodded or bow down their heads.But, I love kiss ...specially the children and grandmas. I remembered when I kiss a old Japanese lady's cheek. She was freaking out and She was paralysed. Then I started not touch people too much.



In Brz we not kiss one time, but three time and it is not enough, we have to hug and sometimes shake our hands firmly and we always say to each other ...."Oh it is lovely to see you!" and for any age, could be young, teenagers, old people....



In Oz I always confused =P I don`t know wich one is right or wrong? In here we have so many cultures...Like I know we never give the left hand to compliment Arab people .This is not polite to them.

Today at Sunday service, I didn't kiss or hug someone. Sometimes, I shaked the hands and I could tell I kiss only three person and I hug them very firmly ( all elderly and lovely ladies).

I fell so good when I got the feed back.



GBU

No comments: