Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hope


hope, hoped, hoping - n 1. the feeling that what is desired ia also possible , or that events may turn out for the best . 2.particular instance of this feeling ; the hope of winning 3. grounds for this feelings in particular instance: There is a little hope of his recovery 4. a person in whom or thing in wich expectations are centered :The drug was the patient's last hope .5. to look foward to with desire and reasonable confidence.6. to believe, to trust .7. to feel that something desired may happen 8. archaic to place, trust ; rely 9. hope against hope , to continue to hope , athough the situation does not warrant it . ( fm The Random House College).


Today at Sunday Service the message was about Hope. In my mind , I started think ...I hope being a good mother, I hope winning lotery without buying it, I hope my hair could grown fast, I hope my dirty dishes could clean by itself, I hope one day I could have magical power and my house could clean by itself, I hope one day my husband could remember our anniversary. ..


I think hope and faith for Christians walk side by side.


In my language studies I can`t understand the difference between the words wish and hope . It is very confusing . I remember , someone told me we never say " I hope you Merry Christmas" Because hope contains uncertainty .


Today , the message remind me that hope for Christians is a certainty, an assured fact.




No comments: