Thursday, May 7, 2009

Teaching Quilting

I always have been envolved with craft , and now I am doing quilting. It makes me happy working with fancy and beauty fabrics and it can also be very challenging. My love of teaching patchwork led me to join the Scarborough craft group and I have been almost 3 months and we meet on Tuesday at 9:15 am and also we have not only my group, but have other groups that teaches stiching cards, scrapbook, painting,beading,origami ( folding papers) and knitting.
My favourite quote of sentiment about this group is being happy for what you have got and don't worry about what you haven't got.Sometimes, I have to warned to them pls check your work before cut, or make sure what are you doing? and always read the instructions first , check twice and cut once etc etc etc...
I remember my first quilt (10 years ago). It was a disastrous..or I could say a horrendous disastrous craft project I have made it. I was the worst patch student ...I have to admitted, I am not always perfect. Because, I have learned about my mistakes. I can advice not to do the same.The good thing is I never give up and because of this I always push my students to finish.
Sometimes I might be strict and what I want is my students could be enjoy what they are doing. At the same time it is good to keep in touch with other people and to make friends and share the same passion.
I know one lady , she comes to my class and not to learn patchwork but to talk and express her ideas.
I want to thank my family to let me do what I like to spend the time with sewing, quilting and chatting.
GBU

No comments: